JOIN US IN THE CAMPAIGN FOR ADOPTION!
LET US START THE CAMPAIGN #WASH MATTER BECAUSE HYGIENE MATTER #GOODMORNING #HOPE-YOU-ARE-WELL-WASH.
LET it become our morning greeting and our morning gesture. Your greetings matter because people matter; JOIN US IN THE CAMPAIGN FOR ADOPTION!
The task of changing the ugly circumstance that our pupils and relatives or friends continue to experience in using poor or in some cases absolute unavailability of water and sanitation facilities is arduous and demanding. This means that every positive and probable strategy has to be deployed towards breaking this rock piece by piece.
To this end, we are launching a campaign to initiate a change in behavior through a change in greeting style and customs.
According to Prof. Plinio Correa de Oliveira ‘greeting is a duty of justice toward our neighbor and, at times, also a duty of charity.
Encountering a person one knows, it is normal to be pleased and display this reaction in a suitable way’. When you meet a revolutionary who has given his life to improve the status of water supply and sanitation hygiene across the globe, it is important that you express camaraderie in manner that will encourage and exert influence on people around.
Therefore, it is our opinion that as we engage in the salutation of others appropriately especially those working in the WASH ecosystem, it would serve as art or a measure of counter-attack against the habits and behaviors that are inimical to WASH improvement.
We therefore propose for an addition into the Wikipedia new words the word, WELL-WASH meaning a state of being free of Water Supply and Sanitation Malfunctions.
Well-WASH is derived from the word WELLNESS.
So, when you are writing a mail or exchanging person to person pleasantries, rather than saying, I hope you are well, or I trust you are the family are doing great, we propose that you say;
I hope you are well-wash, I hope you and the family are in a state of well-wash.
Perhaps you are wondering how important this could be to contributing to WASH or make a world of difference in the pursuit of improving WASH for schools and communities, here are 10 AMENDED Reasons Greetings Matter by Scott Williams in ‘stepping up your game’.
- If you greet your family when you come home with hugs, kisses and kind words instead of walking through the door with your phone attached to your ear… You will communicate love, warmth and the fact that “they matter.” Greetings Matter.
- If you greet people with a smile, hello, and how is your day? You may be the only smile they see and the only person to ask how their day is. It’s a simple way to make a difference. Greetings Matter.
- If you greet people with a firm handshake, you are communicating hello, strength, passion, respect and remember me… Even if you crush their hand, they will remember. You never remember limp handshakes, but you will generally remember the firm one’s. A firm handshake always makes the non-firm handshake person get a tighter grip – a subliminal message to say Greet those you love with “I Love You’s!” Unfortunately we always save the “I Love You’s” as parting words or words of remembrance. Flip it around and greet with I love You! You can still close with another “I Love You!” Greetings Matter.
- Have an over-the-top greeting. Make your greeting was as memorable as Chick-fil-A’s “My Pleasure.” If you operate a place of business, understand that your welcome, greeting and reception go a very long way. Think of those restaurants that have an over-the-top greeting. Those greetings create great first impressions and opportunities for memorable experiences. Greetings Matter.
- Phone etiquette and Phone greetings matter. Don’t get me started on “Main Menu, Automated Greeting type stuff.” Greet someone well over the phone. Greetings Matter.
- Online Greeting – Sometimes the only greeting that people will ever get from you or your business is your website. Make sure your online appearance is communicating a warm welcome, unless of course your business is not warm and welcoming. Greetings Matter.
- The Church or ‘mosque’ should have the warmest welcome of any public establishment – Is the welcome at your church communicating affection, peace, compassion, mercy and love for everyone? Or is it communicating welcome to those that look like, dress like and act like we do. Your greeting matters, not just the greeting that you say, rather the welcome that you do. Greetings Matter.
- Give someone a #WELL-WASH. A WELL-WASH is NOW THE WATER AND SANITATION EXPERTS AND ENTHUSIASTS COMMUNITY of greetings and gestures.
LET US START THE CAMPAIGN IN PERSON TO PERSON OR ONLINE WITH #GOODMORNING #HOPE-YOU-ARE-WELL-WASH. LET it become our morning greeting and our morning gesture. Your greetings matter because people matter. #WASH MATTER BECAUSE HYGIENE MATTER
Remember greetings really do matter. When you greet strangers, friends and family – make sure you communicate your own version of ‘WASH importance’. Communicate affection, peace, compassion, mercy and love.